BetDEX is building the infrastructure for the future of sports betting. By building the protocol on which a decentralised sports betting ecosystem can thrive, we aim to revolutionise the sports betting experience for the average sports fan as well as sophisticated professionals.
We are looking for people who would relish being part of an early-stage startup, who would enjoy the thrill of creating exciting new products - while also contributing to our team dynamic. We are passionate about creating an inclusive culture and need the right people to grow BetDEX into the platform and company we envision.
The BetDEX protocol will enable a myriad of sports betting experiences by providing the underlying infrastructure on which these applications are built. We aim to create a dedicated application for casual/retail users and it will be your job to ensure that this product gives the consumer the best possible experience. You’ll be expected to gather user feedback to drive strategy, requirements and features that delight our users. You’ll be working with multiple stakeholders across engineering and design focused on getting product features built and into the hands of our customers.
Sports betting should be about providing entertainment and a fair deal to users but the experience provided by existing sports betting products falls well short of delivering this. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for the right candidate to build and lead our Operations team. We will be covering sporting events from around the world and our product will be live 24/7. In order to provide the best possible experience to our users we need someone who pays close attention to the little details, who can anticipate where issues may occur before they happen and someone who knows what it means to truly put the customer first.
Some of the things you'll do:
- Own the market cycle for all BetDEX events from creation to in play through to settlement
- Ensure app content is in line with company, industry and regulatory standards
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with product managers, designers and engineers to resolve issues as well as build the tools and processes necessary to deliver an exceptional betting experience
- Execute the Promotion strategy as defined by Marketing
- Define, monitor and apply the Sportsbook Rules for BetDEX to ensure that the betting ecosystem we build is one built on a foundation of fairness and trust
- Liaise with our Community team to constantly elicit feedback from our users so that we are aware of all potential areas for operational improvement
Please note - This role will require some irregular hours over evenings and weekends to monitor and support the exchange over major sporting events.
Some of the experience you'll already have:
- Experience working in an operations role either within sports betting or financial services
- Demonstrable understanding of how sports betting and exchanges work and the role that rules play in determining the user experience
- Proven ability to build and lead a team
What's in it for you:
- BetDEX is an inclusive team. You won’t find any politics here, just a group of amazing people trying to build amazing things.
- Everyone at BetDEX owns a piece of the business through a generous equity stake
- We’re a fully remote team and along with your laptop there’s a £1000/$1500 budget to set up your home working space
- We can provide access to co-working spaces where needed
- Flexible work hours - we don’t focus on 9-5, you know when you work best
- 33 days holiday, with no set calendar, allowing you to celebrate and enjoy the holidays that are most important to you.
- 5% pension / 401k contribution
- $1000 of $SOL to get know Solana's ecosystem and investigate web3 further
- We'll pay 100% of your healthcare premiums for Medical, Vision & Dental
We're looking to build a collaborative, focused team with a great culture that will deliver some amazing products - if that sounds like a place you see yourself, get in touch!